Saturday, July 7, 2007

goodbye St. Petersburg, I love you!


We have been deciding on where to live in Russia, St. Petersburg, where we have lived and invested in ministry and friends for 5 years or, Krasnodar, where we have opportunities for an expanded ministry and better living. We did a quick trip to Krasnodar, which is straight south of St. Petersburg by Ukraine and the Black Sea, and after much thought and prayer decided we needed to move to Krasnodar.
I have done my grieving along with my daughter who is of the age where transition is getting harder, and said my goodbyes to the people and this city that I have grown to love! With all its culture and beauty it is surely the "Venice of the north". I know that the memories and the nostalgia of 'what was' is what we grieve but, life keeps going and we are being pulled by God into a new chapter of ministry and so I take this moment to say, I love you St. Pete and I will miss all that was, in hopes that we accomplished all that we were meant to, as I feel was accomplished in me from the experience of opening my heart and mind to a lost city... and country. I will always cherish you and all that I learned in my heart, my first Russian love.

No comments:

Post a Comment