Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Vera (Faith), my neighbor



My neighbor Vera comes over almost everyday because she sits home alone most of the day and gets lonely. My children come yelling, " Babushka's (grandma) here!". We sit and drink iced tea and talk about life. She is 70 years old and has diabetes. She says she is in pain most of the time. I love to sit and listen to her stories of life, which are usually sad. She says she believes in God but does not trust him since she had a mother who believed and died at a young age.

The other day she came over upset about a family fight she had with "dyet" (grandpa) her husband. I listened and offered to pray for her. She seemed very grateful afterwards. I am praying that God will make her plus her daughter and her daughters boyfriend (who is our landlord), open to the gospel. They are all very nice people and we are thankful for such a good landlord.

Vera, means faith in Russian. Pray with me that they will have "vera" in Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Guys!
    You were in my dreams last night, I was visiting you in Russia-crazy huh?, so I just prayed for you guys, cause I never know with the time difference what is going on over there. I hope you are safe and just wanted you to know we are praying for you!! Love you, Many Blessings! Buffy

    ReplyDelete