Saturday, July 21, 2007

12 years.... where did they go!?


My little girl turned 12 on July 17th. I love to recount the story of there 1st birthday just as my mother-in-law Jean does with her kids. They love to listen to it over and over again. My father loves to recount my birth to me too.I can never forget it because he loves to tell it and I guess it has made me feel special too.












We didn't do too much on her birthday because she really wanted our friends, the Hayes, to be at her party so we are postponing it until August. She requested caramel rolls for breakfast, lasagna for dinner and she had a friend over. They spent the day swimming, talking, and playing some video games. My wish for my daughter this year is to grow in confidence in who God made her, as she transitions into a young woman, with a balance of humility; to experience the awesomeness of God like never before, and to be full of grace while discovering that grace for herself. I love you Haillie! You are beautiful and I am so thankful to God for you! I so appreciate your thoughtfulness, and passion. You make life colorful!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Hallie! What did you get for a birthday present?

    Noah looks a lot like Mark in that picture. Mostly because his mouth is full...lol.

    Jen you are updating your blog at an impressive rate. WOW! The last sentence is a subliminal message for Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haillie-happy birthday sweetheart. I can't believe you are already twelve years old. Just think, if you were in the states you'd be in youth group with us soon. Hannah loves you and wants you to know she can't wait until you can babysit her.
    love ya,
    aunt jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen!

    Joey and I stopped at Jess and Aaron's house on our way back from Milwaukee this weekend and they introduced us to the world of blogging! It has been fun to catch up on what your family is doing and seeing God's blessings on you. ~Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Hallie!! Mande turns 13 on August 13th. She celebrated her birthday early so that she could have a friend over that is going in for major surgery in August! Hope you have a great time when you celebrate again in August. Love ya, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy b-day to you happy b-day to you happy b-day to haillie happy b-day to you congrats love ya see- ya in a year in a half love ya bye. by the way if Jen you are readindg this go tell haillie that she has a message from Rebekah now I tell you! now! ys i am very demanding! hee hee!

    ReplyDelete