Sunday, July 8, 2007

krasnodar


We have arrived! We found a gruzavik (truck driver) to drive all our belongings down to Krasnodar with Mark and our friend Steve leading the way. It took 2 full days to get down while it just took me 3 hours plane trip with the kids. Every part of moving went smoothly and we feel blessed. All our stuff fit perfectly into Steve's garage and they were so nice to keep us in there home until we found a house.

So.. what turned into just a few days, at the most a week to find a house, turned into close to a month. 8 kids, 4 parents, and a team of 4 college students ( for one week), all living together, fun! Actually we feel so blessed that the Hayes' were so gracious and kind, and it seems to be a sign that if we can live together that long, we probably will work well together!

You really find out what your made out of in those stressful times. God seems to take all control from you and your left with a decision on 'how am I going to do this' and then I remember, 'Oh ya, just like I did last time, relax and trust that God has a plan'. Easily said, harder to do. So after some crying and debating on if this is what God really wanted us to do, I decided to be patient. Also, easily said. With 8 eyes looking to me, to be there anchor and navigator too, keeps my attitude in check.

I must give credit to Christine for being such a gracious, patient person. Her sweet, steadfast, positive character encouraged me. And just that they were genuinely happy to have us living with them made us feel thankful.

Well.. the rest of the story next post. Along with house pictures.

3 comments:

  1. Jen!!! I am so happy to see you updating your blog. I was so excited to see that you left a comment on my blog about hannah. I wish you could see her and hold her too. She would love her aunt jen and cousin haillie too! Keep the posts coming...I love hearing from you. jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooT! You started a new blog. I am looking forward to seeing a bunch of pictures of Kraznadar and the new house and of course the kids. Maybe you could post some pictures of mark's latest injury! Keep up the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Jen, I just found this blog of yours. It's great to hear of your journeys on the other side of the world, but I am freaking out here, is that Steve and Christine Hayes from Wisconsin? I LOVE THEM!!!! Jess and I had Christine as a counselor in Jr High and Steve Hayes was the speaker, if it's the same one, WOW!!! small world, I can't believe Jess didn't make the connection. TOO WEIRD!!!!

    ReplyDelete