Friday, August 24, 2012

Purpose

One of my biggest purposes, being "mom"
I had a friend refer to her state of life right now as being "on a shelf". I relate to that. I am not sure my shelf life...God doesn't stamp me with a date, unfortunately. All I can say is that it has felt like a really long time. Where at first I was a little uncomfortable with it, not wanting to be set aside, not wanting my purpose taken away.  My purpose? What does that mean? God delights in us and wants us to delight in abiding in Him.  His whole purpose for me ends when I take my gaze off of Him.  He is jealous for us.  How special I am to Him when I am put aside to be with Him.  How is my purpose shifted and where do we separate?  I am in Him and He is in me and if I am not "my" purpose becomes insignificant. I am not sitting on a shelf by myself He is sitting with me. Sometimes we need to sit with Him more than we know and He pulls us aside for our own good or when we won't put ourselves aside. He loves us that much.

Life is full of busy seasons and noise, but for me I am gazing at Jesus and content to be here, doing the thing that I was meant for...loving Him. So if you find yourself "on a shelf", know that it is only for a time and that He is doing something in you...preparing you for the future, wanting to impart to you wisdom, but most importantly wishing to have you to Himself. This is the way to be content. I don't want to fill life with noise and when it becomes too loud I want to be disciplined enough to shut it off; to step back, because without His voice in me I am just spinning my wheels; a loud gong; a selfish being.
How is His purpose working in you?  Are you spinning your wheels searching for significance or are you embracing your worth in just being? Be content to wait on God with the knowledge that when we are in Him there is no separation, we are living out His plan for us.

Proverbs 16:9  The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps. 

Isaiah 25:1 O Lord, you are God; I will exalt you;I will praise your name, for you have done wonderful things, plans formed of old, faithful and sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment