Monday, September 1, 2008

season of growth



Well I know that I have been neglectful in my communication but then I got slapped into reality and out of my lazy summer lifestyle! It was a very, well...sometimes lazy, sometimes busy, a little lonely, and always pensive for me. It seems that when I think I am being lazy that God is always prodding me on in showing me new things that need to be done in my life. Just like the house is never organized but always in a state of being organized over and over again, so my life is always being reflected on, the good and bad in me fighting for position...cleaning house inside of me is tough. Oh I am so thankful for grace.

I wanted to show you what was growing in my garden/yard all spring and summer. I had more pictures but.. these will have to do.
Krasnodar has the right climate and land to grow lots of produce! So we enjoy the wealth of fruit and veggies in the summer months. I had fun trying my hand at growing a garden and to my surprise it turned out pretty good. Although, it is September we are still harvesting some things in the garden. Next year I will try my hand at some other types of vegetables.






My boys enjoy their freedom to play outside and I enjoy the ability to say, "boys go outside and wrestle, not in the house!" they run around and have a lot of creative play time. I love to listen to them make believe and discover new things! Every insect and animal that they find is a treasure! To my advantage I am not too skweemish when it comes to that kind of stuff, I enjoy helping them capture an occasional lizard.
We are blessed to have such a great haven in our yard! I love to see the clematis growing and the grapevines and ivy that go wild in the summer months. We have lots of fruit trees in our yard and we enjoy being able to go outside to grab a snack off the tree.













My, Noah is a big help with keeping up with the grass cutting. Mark is so ecstatic about this.

I love Peonies and am so glad I have them in my yard in the spring, I want to plant some tulips, daffodils and lily of the valley for next spring.

As we anticipate the winter I am enjoying the cool down of fall. I am thankful for the constant growth and cleaning that takes place in every season of my life. I know that He loves me and that his discipline is out of love for me.
We appreciate your constant prayers and want you to be assured that we feel we are here, 'for such a time as this' what good is a life if not spent for Christ?







2 comments:

  1. Hello Jen! It has been a very long time since I have heard or seen you, and how wonderful to read your blog page. Not only is your personal reflection intriguing, the pictures are beautiful and your garden project looks amazing! I kept reading, scrolling down, reading updates on the kids....when I realized that I was not doing my project of the day...filing insurance. But worth it to get caught up with you! You look beautiful. Besos y abrazos, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark and Jennifer: Your flowers are so beautiful and the wonderful fruits and vegetables - wow - you have done well in your gardening. The snow in Minnesota is almost gone, but as of yet, the boys basketball tournament has not been played and it has been known to snow around that period of time. This week is in the 50's, so we're very thankful for those temps, but anxious (especially me) for those 70's and 80's. We continue to pray for you and the entire famiy and pray that everyone is encouraged since Mark and family's dad/grandpa/father-in-law passed away. There was a movie here called "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas." Very powerful movie. Don't know if you have heard about it or will get a chance to see it. It wasn't up for best picture, but I thought it should have had more coverage than it did. Our missions week starts next Sunday. Wish you could be here for it. Blessings to all. Sharyn (and Stan)

    ReplyDelete