Wednesday, June 18, 2008

noah

My boy turns 11 today! I just can't hold onto time, I would like to sometimes, just to savor it. This year Noah has really taken off in his reading. I find him at night and in the morning reading his bible or some great book. I am so thankful for Noah! He is witty and clever, compassionate, loving, adventurous, God-fearing, tough, tolerant, and obedient. Some fun info about him is that he is very clumsy but seems to always land on his feet. I remember one time when he was 2, we were walking through the mall and he walked right through 1 of those advertisement displays that was sitting in the middle of the hall, the cardboard insert lay on the floor and he just got up and kept going! Everyone around were very amused with that. Just recently while we were in Hungary ice skating, if you can imagine Noah traveling as fast as he can and doing flips and getting up while bystanders stood in disbelief laughing. My favorite quote from him was when he was 4 and said, after we had just read out of our bible story book about Moses, "Mom, pray for my ears." Me: "Why, do they hurt??", Noah: "No, I just can't hear God talking to me." He has always been so sensitive towards God and towards others. Always willing to give the best to someone else, to share what he has, to help when someone is in need. One more story. When he was in 1st grade, the teacher said at one of our parent-teacher meetings, "When I imagine Jesus as a kid, I think of Noah."!!! Wow, that will be hard to live up to but a good goal for all of us:) He of course is not Jesus and can get into some good arguments with his siblings but in the end they are best friends, what more could I ask for!
For his birthday we had these boys from school over. It was a sleep over and so it got pretty rowdy at times. Mark played Dragon Raid with them. This is a christian, discipleship, role playing game that makes them work as a team. They loved it and Mark got to share with them in the game about prayer.

2 comments:

  1. LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON....Remember when we were at Mall of America for College days and Mark ran into that huge metal pillar? HILARIOUS!!! He must have passed down that gene to Noah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vickie, I love when you leave comments! I remember that and believe me Jess has reminded him a few times. I wish I would have saw it, I think I was looking the other way when it happened... shoot! Noah is a LOT like Mark, I can't take credit for much of the genes in him..good or bad:)

    ReplyDelete