Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mark!


Today is Marks birthday. I can't tell you how bad I wanted to buy him something special, but since we have no Barnes and Noble near by, I decided that anything I would buy would be just a waste of money since there is nothing here that he would want and would be very over priced. So instead, yesterday I organized a small party of men to come have some guy time.
I set them up with some appetizers and they spent some time exchanging amazing stories of survival not just here in Russia but as crazy boys in there youth. Then they played a game that our friend Brennan brought with him, which they seemed to enjoy, I guessed from the yelling that was going on, I didn't hear any grunting but that might have went on too. They topped off the night with some more conversation by the fire and stayed until 12:30.
We are so thankful for our friends that we have made here. They are certainly some of the best people that we could ever be able to call our friends. We feel that they are like family. Thank you for the fun and "sharpening" that was shared on Marks behalf. You guys are truly treasures.
Now a few words for Mark: I am so blessed to have such an amazingly talented, compassionate, resourceful, passionate, giving, loyal, humble, gracious, protective, romantic, fun-loving, "hands-on" father, tough (with a mixture of sensitivity) man to share this life with! Thank you for journeying with me and making me a better person. I love you more with each passing year and that is not just a sappy line, but the honest truth!

1 comment: